- NO SANTA OR MRS. CLAUS ARE PERMITTED EXCEPT ON THE OFFICIAL KCBIA SANTA CLAUS FLOAT. This includes anyone dressing or appearing in the likeness of Santa Claus. Non-compliance will result in immediate removal.
- All instructions from Parade Marshals must be obeyed. The Parade Marshals may reject any entry that is declared not suitable for the parade.
- All float components must be lit and decorated in festive Christmas or Parade theme including tow vehicles, walkers, and mascots. That includes dressing in matching costumes or uniforms to match the theme of the parade or their entry including winter wear. Street clothes are not acceptable!
- Entries must maintain a forward motion. Marching, maneuvering, sidestepping or other action is permitted provided the entry maintains a forward motion, consistent with the pace of the parade.
- All components of the float entry must stay with the entry. Mascots, volunteers, or distributors can not “overflow” into entries before or following entry. Keep with your group.
- Alcoholic beverages and smoking are forbidden on any entry. Any participant suspected of being under the influence will be removed.
- Seasonal music is strongly encouraged.
- No child under 8 years old will be allowed to walk in the parade unless they are part of an organized group and can maintain the pace of the parade.
- All animal entries must have a costumed person following with clean-up equipment.
- All judging will be done BEFORE the start of the parade.
Giveaways are allowed along the parade route under the following restrictions:
- Nothing may be thrown. Approved giveaways must be distributed in person, along the curb of the parade route only. If anything is thrown from float and/or walkers, the entry risks being prohibited in future parades.
- Distribution of literature flyers, canvassing or asking for donations is prohibited.
- DO NOT HOLD UP THE pace FOR HANDOUTS. Don’t try to give to everyone – it is just impossible!
For identification and safety purposes, names of ALL participating individuals (walkers, riders, and drivers), including minors, must be submitted for parade day.