Boogie The Bridge Sunday, April 23, 2023, Road Closures and Detours
Drivers should plan alternate routes between 6 am to 1 pm due to temporary road closures and detours for the annual community event in the following areas:
- Lorne Street at 1st Avenue
- westbound curb lane on Lansdowne Street;
- both westbound lanes on Victoria Street West from Seymour Street to Mission Flats Road;
- eastbound curb lane on Victoria Street West at Mission Flats intersection;
- northbound lanes on Overlanders Bridge and Fortune Drive overpass.
- Fort Avenue, Larch Avenue and Baker Street will be closed to all traffic from Fortune Drive between 7:30am to approximately 12:30pm
The recommendation is to take the Halston Bridge.
A detour to the North Shore will also be available via Seymour Street, linking to First Avenue and Lansdowne Street.
Access to Mission Flats Road will be available via Summit Drive and a detour will be provided via the Overlanders Bridge, linking to Leigh Road, Tranquille Road and back over the bridge.
Boogie participants are encouraged to take public transit to the event, which is free to those who show their race bibs to drivers on race day.
For more information visit Boogie the Bridge